If it feels like it has been a while since one of these posts, it’s because it has been. Not only have I been backlogged with posts, it has been a busy week with two concerts, getting ready for a new job and other life stuff. So let the (long) recap begin:
- Lots of new beers have been popping up at the LCBO, including a trio from Mill Street: the Lemon Tea (LCBO# 186783), the Schleimhammer Roggenbier (LCBO # 186809) and Betelguese (LCBO# 186817). Most of the summer release is out and tasting good.
- This may not be news to everyone, but the Leslieville Cheese Market has beer and cheese tasting nights at both east and west locations. I signed up for one on June 30th with Sam Corbiel of Mill Street and am super excited.
- The next CASK! Social will be on June 19th at the Rhino. For once I’m not working, but will be at the baseball game.
- The annual Hart House Craft Beer Festival is happening on Thursday July 29th. $35/$25 (students) gets you BBQ nibbles and eight beer samples, plus there will be live music.
- And there’s really no space to list all the Ontario Craft Beer Week events, but here is a list of participating establishments in each city:
Bracebridge: Muskoka Cottage Brewery, Griffin Gastropub and Muskoka Highlands, CCCF
Carp: Cheshire Cat
Campbellford: Stinking Rose Pub
Cambridge: Golden Kiwi Pub & Grill, Grand River Brewing
Chatham: Smokehouse Bar & BBQ
Gananoque: Stonewater Pub & Irish Eatery
Guelph: The Woolwich Arrow, Highway 61
Hamilton: The Winking Judge, One Duke Restaurant, The Ship
Huntsville: Delta Grandview
Kemptville: The Branch, Harbord House, Grapefruit Moon
Kingston: The Iron Duke on Wellington, Queen’s University Grad Club
London: FS Canada, International Food Festival, Victoria Park, The Blackshire Pub
Minden: Grill on Gull
Mississauga: Cuda’s Tap & Grill, Macy’s Diner & Delicatessen, Pump House Grille Co., Shore 71 Lounge, Snug Harbour Seafood Bar & Grill, The Clarkson Pump and Patio, The Harp Restaurant and Pub, Old Credit Brewing Co. Ltd.
Muskoka Highlands: Griffin Gastropub and Muskoka Highlands – Father’s Day Golf and Brewmaster’s Dinner
Neustadt: Noah’s Inn
Oakville: Camerons Brewing Co., Trafalgar Ales and Meads, The Big Smoke
Ottawa: Arrow & Loon, Savvy Company + Thyme & Again Catering, The Black Tomato,
Neustadt: Noah’s Inn,
Paris: Cedar House Grill & Martini Bar
St. Thomas: Railway City Brewing Co.
Toronto: Highway 61, Magpie, Mill Street Brewpub, The Iron Duke on Wellington, The Roxton, Brydens, The Only Café, Burger Bar & Tequila Tavern, Cloak & Dagger Irish Pub, Bar Volo, Harbord House, Grapefruit Moon, Great Lakes Brewery, Black Creek Historic Brewery, DeSotos, Castro’s Lounge, The Roxton
Tobermory: Big Tub Harbour Restaurant
Van Kleek Hill: Beau’s All Natural Brewing Co.
Waterloo: Nick and Nat’s Uptown 21, University of Waterloo Graduate Club
Woodstock: Six Thirty Nine
And, of course, there is Session, but I will be at work so screw all of you.