- The dates for Toronto Beer Week 2012 have been announced. TBW will take place from September 14-22. Schedule vacation days accordingly.
- Beau’s and Trou du Diable have collaborated on a beer called Fous Alliés, a mango saison. It is currently available under the BYBO program, at the brewery and at select bars across the province. Check the Fous Alliés info page for availability details.
- The first Barrie Beer Fest is happening on June 15th and 16th. Tickets are under $20 and a number of craft breweries will be in attendance.
- Spearhead are celebrating their first anniversary with a party at the Victory Cafe. The event will include a sneak preview of two new beers. There is also a 2:1 chance of coming home with Spearhead swag if you attend.
- For those in Ottawa, Brothers Beer Bistro has opened with a nice selection of bottles and draught.
- New beers in the LCBO: Black Creek Rifleman’s Ration. The Muskoka Summer Weisse is showing up in the LCBO as a two-pack. Many will no doubt be pleased that the price has now dropped to roughly $6.50/bottle. There is also a St. Ambroise Summer Taster pack that contains two Framboise, two Pale Ale and two Apricot Wheat.
- And in a piece of really great news, Milos, Adil and some of the old Gambrinus crew are going to be back pushing craft beer at a new/old London bar. They have taken over Gigs, which they will eventually rebrand. The opening party is Saturday.