Hot off the Interweb presses!
- The Canadian Brewing Awards were held in Montreal on Saturday night. Congrats to the 2012 winners. Muskoka, Great Lakes, Amsterdam, Mill Street, Bellwoods, Steam Whistle, King, Cameron’s, Creemore, Beau’s, Kichesippi, Wellington, Nickel Brook, Grand River and Hop City won awards for Ontario.
- LCBO beer news: most of the summer release is on store shelves and the Tree brewery feature is out as well. The Double Trouble Hops & Robbers is now available.
- The Dieu du Ciel! tap takeover at Wvrst this Saturday has a killer lineup of beers and will also have an equally killer lineup to get in. Luckily Wvrst is much bigger than Volo. My prediction for first person in line: 5pm (when Wvrst will close to prepare for the event).
- If you’re a Steam Whistle fan you may want to pick up a twelve pack and see if there’s a Golden Opener inside.
- Wellington has a released a new one-off: Spaltacus. It’s an Imperial Golden Ale, which sounds like an oxymoron to me. Next up: an Imperial Mild?
- Beau’s will be releasing four beers during OCB Week. The first is a blend of their I.P. Eh? with Flying Monkeys Netherworld, Grand River Curmudgeon IPA, Great Lakes Robust Porter and Wellington Imperial Russian Stout. The Pan Ontario, as it’s known, was then aged in spirit barrels. Beer number two was made with Danish brewer Anders Kissmeyer. Called Venskab, it is a Belgian style Tripel with a lot of oak aging involving wine barrels/soaked chips. Next up is a barrel aged blend of the the I.P. Eh. Finally, a bourbon barrel aged Double Wide IPA will be released for members of the Green Futures project/club/co-op.
- In more Beau’s news (and this is hot and fresh as of five minutes ago), is that there will be a winter mix four-pack of beers available in the LCBO. What Beau’s beers will be included? You choose! Vote now for your favourite Beau’s beers you want to drink again. (I may have been the first to vote and it may have been for Matt’s Sleepy Time Belgian Imperial Stout.) There are a number of excellent beers on the list, so it should be a great four-pack regardless of the final selection.