Y’all know the drill. Here’s all the news that’s fit to blog:
- London (Ontario, of course) is getting a beer fest. The Forest City Beer Fest is happening on August 11th at the APK. I’m hoping to make the trip, both for the beer fest and to see what Milos and crew have done with Gigs.
- There is a new website for following cask beer throughout the province. The Volo/Cask Days crew have created On Cask to go along with the #ONcask hashtag on Twitter. The website explains how to properly use the hashtag, has a link to recent #ONcask tweets and has a Google maps for finding cask ales throughout the province.
- LCBO news: The Spearhead Hawaiian Style Pale Ale is coming to the LCBO in about a week. The price for a six-pack will be comparable to other Ontario beers. The Kensington Brewing Augusta Ale is in the system and will hopefully be appearing on shelves soon.
- Reminder: the Brewer’s Backyard is on again this Monday, July 2nd. Cheshire Valley will have their Irish Red and a White Ale (red and white – get it?), along with a new Citra IPA. Kensington will be bringing their Watermelon Wheat, which was quite tasty at the Session festival. Black Oak will be bringing their Pale Ale, Summer Saison and Daily Bread Belgian Table beer (which they must have made a lot of. For those who missed it during OCB Week, it’s quite tasty and worth seeking out.)
- Lots of action going on in Bracebridge this weekend. The Griffin Gastropub will be hosting two events. Saturday will see Great Lakes take over the parking lot for a party. Sunday is The Battle of the Wits put on by the Brewery Market. Perfect for anyone heading up north for the weekend.